Saturday, April 21, 2012

Crochet: Slippers


During winter, Inoticed how cold my feet had been while walking around the house.Since I’m not one to wear socks, (I’m a flip flop lover during all times of theyear!) my mom had been bothering me to get some slippers. I had decided tojust make them instead! I followed this very easy tutorial that I found online,but made a few adjustments.
Since the yarn I used is a bit thick, I had to cutdown the amount of rows I crocheted. I basically followed the beginning of thispattern. Then, when it says “round 5-13” I only did 6 rounds. Then I startedthe body of the slippers by following the pattern again. I made 12 rows, usinga variety of the directions outlined in Zoom Yummy’s pattern. I did 20 dc,turning after each row, for 7 rows. Then I started adding on a dc at the end ofeach row near the end (rows 8-12). After, I assembled the slipper ends bystitching up the ends like Zoom Yummy. Make sure you knot it well and make itnice and sturdy! You wouldn’t want your slippers to fall apart. Finally, Iadded a strap to my slippers (this is where my pattern differs). I found wherethe strap would look best, and just crocheted it right onto my slipper. I did arow of 4 hd crochets, for about 13 rows, skipping the middle stitch and addinganother hd on the last row (for a button hole). I sewed on cute rhinestonebuttons and finished off my slippers.
I will admit that my slippers are a bit too big,although I omitted a few rows. I feel like the cotton yarn (I used Sugar’n’Cream,since it is 100% cotton) stretched a little as I wore them, so I probably would havetaken out the last row even. 
These make great gifts, so get going in the summer while there is some time to sit and crochet!
Happy Crocheting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment