Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crochet: Birthday Shawl


For my 21st birthday I had decided to make myself a shawl. I went into the city to see Chicago the Musical on Broadway and wanted to wear something special with my fancy dress. I had found this pattern a few months ago on a skein of Red Heart “With Love” yarn. I usually don’t buy Red Heart yarn, as I love Caron Simply Soft, but I could not pass up this great shawl/scarf pattern. (Except I never wore it on my birthday because it was too cold!)
            I first used the pattern to make a nice lavender scarf that didn’t take much time at all. I got a little confused with the pattern at first, but now that I have worked with it a few times, it is much easier to decipher. Red Heart gives it an “easy” grade, and once you get past the first few rows, you will be crocheting without even looking at your work!
            Since I got so many compliments on the initial lavender scarf, and since the pattern was so easy, I decided to use it to make a larger version and into a shawl. I chose black yarn since that would go with more outfits and always will look nice. I am pleased with the results and think I will receive many compliments.
You can find the pattern by Kathleen Sams on the Red Heart website here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/romantic-lacy-shawl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment