Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vanishing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

(This is a slight adaptation from the Quaker "vanishing oatmeal raisin cookie" recipe. I obviously used chocolate chips instead!)

Made these for my mom to take to work one day, I hear that they really were vanishing!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
  • 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (or raisins. Or nuts... whatever you prefer!)
Steps:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
  3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
  4. Add oats and chocolate chips (or other additives); mix well.
  5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
 


Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Bar Cookies: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9 inch metal baking pan.

As I said before, I used chocolate chips instead of raisins. partly because I like chocolate chips more and partly because we didn't have raisins. Also, I greased my baking sheet anyway, because you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment