Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Daisy Crochet Pattern


This crochet flower is out of the book “100 Flowers to Knit or Crochet” by Lesley Stanfield. At first glance, it looked as if there were so many flowers to make, but then I took a look at the patterns. My pattern reading is not up to par, so it is quite difficult for me to understand what is going on in most of the flower patterns! And forget even attempting to decipher the knit ones (although they are really beautiful)! The “Lazy Daisy” flower is my first attempt at one of these 100 or so flowers. I also made a fern leaf to go along with it (which will come next week) to help accentuate the flower. I intend to sew it onto a purple hat for wintertime. Enjoy! I hope this pattern and the images on the book cover pique your interest and you go out to purchase it to make more great flowers (and even vegetables) for your projects!

Yarn “A”: Yellow
Yarn “B”: White

Method
Center Using A, make 6ch, join with ss into a ring.
1st round (RS) 1ch, 11sc in ring, using B ss in 1ch. 12 sts.
Petals Continue with B.
2nd round [11ch, ss in next sc] 12 times, ending ss in ss of first round.
Fasten off invisibly.

Seems easy, right? Let me know how yours turns out, I’d love to see your daisy results! 

Abbreviations according to the author:
ch=chain
ss=slip stitch
sts=stitches
sc=single crochet


No comments:

Post a Comment